Pre-Holiday To-Do List
Make your list and check it twice.
Check it off before you check out.
- Complete outstanding projects or work with your team to adjust their deadlines
- Regroup with your colleagues on anything that will require attention in your absence
- Designate a go-to contact while you are out (a.k.a., a gatekeeper who will only call in case of a true emergency)
- Set an out-of-office reply
- Give your co-workers and boss their gifts
- Write thank you notes for the gifts you received
- Write a to-do list for your first day back in the office
- Organize your desk, give it a Lysol once-over and turn out the light!
- Clean out your fridge (freeze leftovers for when you get home, starving, once you're back at work)
- Lower the thermostat (why pay for heat if you won’t be there?)
- Download podcasts for the trip
- Make arrangements for your mail
- Ship big gifts ahead to your destination
- Leave tips for your super and/or doorman
- Unplug your appliances (and holiday lights!)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE CHECK LIST